Other Volunteer Opportunities
Share your time with Girls on the Run! But first…Our video will inspire you!
Volunteers make a Girls on the Run season possible! Our volunteers are dynamic women and men who share in our vision of transforming the lives of girls in our community. Please consider one (or more) of the volunteer opportunities below. If you are inspired, please fill out our volunteer form to get started!
Plan & Inspire
Run Louisiana GOTR 5k Planning Team
Help bring an inspirational and fun event to life!
- Plan, organize and implement all facets of our 5k races in May and December.
- Sub-Committees will include marketing, race logistics, pre & post race activities, sponsorship, race registration, and volunteers.
- Meet once or twice per month until race day approaches and then once per week for a month or as needed.
Become part of a team that has no limits! What can we do to inspire our girls, our community and beyond? We have lots of ideas in the works. Let us know if you are inspired to be part of this creative process… Who knows where it will lead!
Become a Coach
- Hundreds of 3rd through 8th grade girls will run with us this fall at at various school locations throughout our community.
- Volunteer coaches are needed to mentor these girls through a curriculum that will not only train them to run a 5k but also inspire them to stay true to themselves!We love this quote from a GOTR Coach:
“…then, as the girls run their laps, we ask them to yell out a quality that they admire. They do not say ‘windswept hair’ or ‘perfect boyfriend,’ they yell things like bold, brave and integrity.”
- Coaches meet with girls after school for an hour and a half twice per week for 10 weeks beginning the week of September 12th.
Read about coaching opportunities here
Become a Running Buddy
A Running Buddy is a fun, supportive woman who accompanies a girl during the New Balance Girls on the Run 5K, encouraging her to do her best as she strives to reach her goal. Over the course of the 10-week program, girls increase their stamina and distance to prepare for running the 5K. At the 5K, a Running Buddy is with a girl from start to finish as she experiences the exhilaration of accomplishing her goal! Become a New Balance GOTR 5K event volunteer. Run with a girl this fall as she accomplishes her goal!
Become a Run Louisiana GOTR 5k event volunteer
Each December and May, we need hands-on, enthusiastic volunteers to help with registration, goody bag distribution, water stops and much more. 5K volunteers get the truly inspirational opportunity to watch hundreds of girls cross the finish line of their first 5K. Please fill out our volunteer form here.
Girls on the Run Representative
Represent Girls on the Run at various races, open houses, information sessions, and other events in the community.
Girls on the Run relies on volunteers to share their talents in IT, media relations, accounting, graphic design and more. Combine your professional expertise with your passion for helping Girls on the Run in any of these areas.
Become a Site Coordinator
Site Coordinators recognize a need for a Girls on the Run in their community, want to have a positive impact on girls lives, and then organize to make it happen! Site Coordinators partner with our organization to establish, promote, and coordinate a program season at a school, church, youth or community center, or other accessible location for girls. We provide Site Coordinators with the training, tools, and support for their site to host a successful season.
Sponsor a Girl
Give the gift of a full season to a girl in need. When you become a Friend of Girls on the Run by making an online donation of $165, you ensure that a girl whose family cannot afford the program fee can benefit from Girls on the Run. Over one third of the girls who register for our programs each season request a partial or full scholarship to participate. Help us reach our goal of ensuring all girls can be Girls on the Run.
Fulfill a Wish List need
Donate needed program supplies like healthy snacks, markers, index cards, clip boards, stickers, plastic storage containers, construction paper, mailing labels, and envelopes. Wish List items change with the season so inquire about current needs by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Is volunteering with Girls on the Run right for you?
Our organization honors its core values and seeks volunteers who strive to live by them to serve as positive role models for girls and women.
Girls on the Run honors its core values. We strive to:
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others
Key words that align with our core values:
- Optimism Healthy
If your values align with those of Girls on the Run, please join us!
Contact Hayley with any questions about the above opportunities: email@example.com
No comments yet.
Comments are closed.